Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 11

This morning was another early one.  Thankfully I was able to score a lift from a lovely classmate, so not nearly as early as it could have been.  Phew.  I got to sleep in until 5:30.  We went to Ipswich Hospital maternity ward and tested newborns as part of a research trial.  We were really lucky to get two very settled sleepy babies who responded well to the testing.

On the way home we stopped at a fruit and veggie place that a noticed with signs saying 69c per kilo for various things.  I managed to score a huge bag of oranges, sweet potatoes, carrots and onions for just over $3.  I know that nutritionists say to eat a rainbow of colours in your fruit and veggie intake, however at this rate I can only afford to eat the orange part of the rainbow.






Other than the first few torturous $2 days I have basically managed to leave two or three days between shops by getting big packets of things like noodles, eggs and pasta.  This means that for the most part I have $6 when I walk into a shop, which isn't nearly as impossible to deal with as just $2.  Well today was an exciting day.  I managed to buy some coffee.  Yes, that's right... I will be enjoying caffeine with my breakfast tomorrow.  Things are looking up!


No comments:

Post a Comment