Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 14


Well I just couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning.  The snooze button was so appealing.  By the time I finally did get out of bed I had run out of time to eat a whole bowl of blistering hot oats, so I just scoffed what I could and rushed out the door.  I forgot my lunch.  Boo.

Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, I would buy a sandwich (or preferably a piece of grilled salmon served with asparagus, crushed potatoes and hollandaise), but alas I can't afford even the smallest morsel because the cupboard is looking rather bare and I need my $2 to get some tinned tomatoes on the way home, at the very least.

Tummy grumbly and cranky, I finally did get home and eat my lunch at about 3pm (thank goodness it was only a half day at uni today).


Very much looking forward to being able to eat normal food again.  Here are a few things I have noticed:

* I miss fruit and veges more than I miss junk food
* Cheap food is basically all the same colour - beige
* When you think of everyday things in terms of "how many $2 would I need to buy this" it is amazing how much money we spend on our first world problems (like 6 months worth of food to replace my hard drive, or 4 days worth of food to take the train to uni and back)
* I'm hungry - I may have mentioned that

No comments:

Post a Comment