Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 9

I miss snacks so bad!

I got up squincey wincey early in the pitch dark, cooked my oats for breakfast, got the egg sandwich I made last night, got a mandarin.

So that's today's food sorted until I get home at 5pm. I miss snacks. I miss coffee so bad.

School screening today. I got to the school half an hour early and the lovely ladies offer me tea or coffee. I miss coffee so bad. I caved. But seriously, how much could a teaspoon of instant coffee be worth? I know. That's not the point.

The school hearing screening was great. Last week we had all the prep kids; so 4-5 year olds. This week we had a mix of ages from 5 to 9 years old. It's quite a difference. With a 4 year old you can say "are there any bunny rabbits in your ears? I'll have a look". If you suggest to a 7 year old that perhaps they have bunny rabbits in their ears they'll look at you like your crazy. Offer an 8 year old a sticker for being good and they'll say "Um... No thanks."

50 kiddies, 50 learning styles, 50 tiny attention spans later and we were all pooped. I sure could use a glass of wine when I get home. No such luck. Any wine I could afford to buy, I really do not want.

-----------------

I feel bad about accepting the free cup of coffee this morning so next time I have the opportunity I'll donate $1 from my food budget to a charity or a busker. That's how much I'd need to pay for a cheap takeaway coffee from 7/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment