Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 12

Breakfast = coffee + eggs on toast!!

Well that's almost like a normal Sunday!!

I spent most of the day trying to fix my computer... A friend in New Zealand had suggested, via email, that it was a problem of wires coming loose and would be fixed by opening the laptop at the back. I thought "surely not, I must be able to fix this myself."

With my little laptop, I downloaded a repair file and later a copy of windows to reinstall onto the big laptop. But the little laptop doesn't have a CD drive so I had to work out how to put it on a USB... First world problems, right??

I'm just glad I had coffee to see my through the ordeal.

After much swearing it became apparent that this was indeed beyond my capacity as a geek so I phoned and booked a repair man. At $158 minimum charge I would have to save for 3 months on my current budget. Luckily I don't plan to eat the computer in the next 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment